- 50 freaky, fancy, and fun face painted portraitsby Feature Shoot on 21/10/2020 at 11:30 am
Here are 50 offbeat, unexpected, eye-popping face painting photos, plus some of our tips for incorporating paint and makeup into your next shoot. The post 50 freaky, fancy, and fun face painted portraits appeared first on 500px.
- How to use balance in photographyby Feature Shoot on 20/10/2020 at 4:30 pm
A balanced image is any image with two sides of the same or similar weight, so that the eye is drawn to both sides equally. The post How to use balance in photography appeared first on 500px.
- 8 tips for artsy photos that sellby Feature Shoot on 20/10/2020 at 12:30 pm
Using examples from talented 500px Contributors, we’ve compiled these quick tips for creating artsy photos that also sell in a commercial market. The post 8 tips for artsy photos that sell appeared first on 500px.
- How to avoid copyright and IP issues in commercial photographyby Feature Shoot on 20/10/2020 at 11:30 am
Tips for how to navigate the world of commercial photography, get your images accepted to Licensing, and create in-demand content. The post How to avoid copyright and IP issues in commercial photography appeared first on 500px.
- Photo Shoot Tips | The Essential Guide For Photographersby 500px Blog on 19/10/2020 at 1:25 pm
500px photographer and alumnus Bettina Bogar shares her tips for producing a creative photoshoot. The post Photo Shoot Tips | The Essential Guide For Photographers appeared first on 500px.
- How to make and sell Lightroom presetsby Feature Shoot on 19/10/2020 at 1:00 pm
If you want to get started monetizing your photo editing skills, making and selling Lightroom presets are a good place to start. The post How to make and sell Lightroom presets appeared first on 500px.
- Color theory for photographers: An introduction to the color wheelby Feature Shoot on 16/10/2020 at 5:00 pm
This introduction to the color wheel for photographers is part one of a three-part series that aims to examine colors and the relationships between them. The post Color theory for photographers: An introduction to the color wheel appeared first on 500px.
- 12 wedding photographers to follow on 500pxby Feature Shoot on 16/10/2020 at 2:00 pm
We’ve put together this collection of 12 incredible wedding photographers to follow from the 500px community to inspire you. The post 12 wedding photographers to follow on 500px appeared first on 500px.
- The ultimate guide to learning how to use your first DSLRby Feature Shoot on 16/10/2020 at 11:30 am
In this brief guide, we’ve tried to simplify some of the most important modes and settings you’ll find in your new DSLR camera. The post The ultimate guide to learning how to use your first DSLR appeared first on 500px.
- White balance in photography | The essential guideby Feature Shoot on 15/10/2020 at 5:30 pm
Understanding how your white balance settings affect your images will prevent unnatural color casts and you can also use them for creative effect. The post White balance in photography | The essential guide appeared first on 500px.
- The Stories of Our Favorite Restaurants Told Through Photographyby Carol Benovic-Bradley on 26/08/2020 at 4:12 pm
Daniel Krieger shares the stories of restaurants across America through his lens.
- Lou Noble on Diversity in Photographyby thephotographicjournal on 05/08/2020 at 7:00 pm
Lou Noble has been an active Flickr user for fifteen years, and, as editor-in-chief of The Photographic Journal, publishes interviews and photo essays with both those up-and-coming in the industry and those with successful decades-long careers. We asked him to speak on the subject of diversity as it relates to photography.
- Elvert Barnes: Three decades of documentary photography and countingby Leticia Roncero on 22/07/2020 at 8:18 pm
Documentary photographer Elvert Barnes walks us through his portfolio and his extensive experience covering protests and social movements.
- Flickr Feature: Yan Larsenby Christine Fradenburg on 21/07/2020 at 6:51 pm
A few months ago, we had the pleasure of tagging along with Yan Larsen on one of her solo outings to capture the beauty of
- Flickr Feature: Sapna Reddyby Christine Fradenburg on 18/05/2020 at 11:37 pm
The peace and tranquility of the forests are just a few of the qualities that draw dual-careered photographer, Sapna Reddy. As a radiologist, she studies
- Flickr Feature: Toby Harriman, Visual Explorerby Christine Fradenburg on 20/04/2020 at 3:00 pm
Photographers all over the world are still creating and capturing amazing shots. And, even though we are respecting the requested rules in place to keep
- Angelina Todorovic’s top 5 tips for taking photos indoorsby Leticia Roncero on 08/04/2020 at 1:01 pm
For Angelina, nature became a refuge, the perfect place to grow a garden and brush up on some old passions like painting. Her love for
- Flickr Feature: Silvia Grav, Photographer/Directorby Christine Fradenburg on 17/03/2020 at 4:21 pm
We recently had the pleasure of meeting up with Silvia Grav in Los Angeles for a special filming of a new Flickr Feature about her
- Flickr Feature: Lou Noble, Portrait Photographerby emilytruesdell1 on 23/09/2019 at 8:00 am
We were lucky enough to catch up with photographer Lou Noble in Los Angeles, CA to chat with him and watch him work his magic with model Julya.
- Catherine MacBride’s photo-a-day creative journeyby Leticia Roncero on 24/07/2019 at 7:02 pm
Few photographers can boast the level of commitment that creative photographer and paper artist Catherine MacBride has demonstrated in her twelve years as a Flickr member. Ever since the day she started her first 365 project in 2011, she has been posting images non-stop to her Flickr account.
- Brooke Shaden: “Your voice needs to be heard”by Leticia Roncero on 08/03/2019 at 9:44 pm
In honor of International Women’s Day, we’re featuring the work of one of our most universally beloved Flickr photographers : Brooke Shaden.
- Painting with Lightby Leticia Roncero on 15/02/2019 at 10:36 pm
English photographer Tim Gamble has always liked things that are different. His interest in light painting—a form of long exposure photography that creates colorful images by moving a hand-held light source—started seven years ago, when he came across a tiny section dedicated to the art of light drawing in his newly-purchased digital photography book.
View Free Sample issue
Join Our Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.