FUJIFILM have announced the launch of the FUJIFILM X-S10 (X-S10), the newest addition to the X Series family of compact and lightweight mirrorless digital cameras that deliver exceptional image quality. The X-S10 will be available in mid-November with a variety of lens kit options.
Equipped with top features including the 26.1MP X-TransTM CMOS 4 sensor, and the high-speed image processing engine, X-Processor 4, and In-Body Image Stabilization (IBIS), the X-S10 offers maximum functionality in a compact body.
The X-S10 is a perfect fit for anyone who needs a lightweight imaging solution with professional features for both photo and video. It offers something for everyone; the popular AUTO/SP (Scene Position) Mode automatically adjusts camera settings to produce stunning images without the need to make fine adjustments to images settings. The advanced video capabilities can either produce sharp 4K/30P 4:2:2 10-bit video or high-speed full-HD video at 240fps. The vari-angle LCD screen that can also be flipped forward 180 degrees, giving everyone from photographers and filmmakers to Vloggers and hobbyists something to love about this camera.
1. Main product features
(1) A newly developed, smaller IBIS for its compact body
- The camera’s in-body image stabilization (IBIS) mechanism is approximately 30% smaller in volume and weight than the previous model*. Despite its small size of just 450g (1.21lb), the X-S10 delivers up to 6.0-stops* of five-axis image stabilization. It is also the first mid-range X Series camera to use a motion sensor retention mechanism, which is a mechanical shock absorber that guards against slight vibrations that may come from the shutter unit, adding another level of stability to ensure that image clarity and resolution are maintained.
- To further assist with hand-held stability, the X-S10 features a large, ergonomic magnesium-alloy grip, making it easier to keep the camera stable when larger lenses are mounted. The design also features a magnesium-alloy front and top-plate to keep the body rigid and robust.
* In comparison with the IBIS function featured in the mirrorless digital camera “FUJIFILM X-T4”
*Offering a 6.0-stop advantage to 20 out of 30 interchangeable lenses for the X Series (XF/XC lenses), currently available
(2) Legendary Film Simulations and updated AUTO functions for outstanding image quality
- ・FUJIFILM Film Simulation modes were created to celebrate the history of photographic film by digitizing some of the industry’s most iconic analog films. X-S10 features 18 exclusive modes, including ETERNA Bleach Bypass, which creates a beautiful, desaturated, high-contrast look.
- X-S10 offers an updated [AUTO / SP (Scene Position)] mode automatically adjusts shooting settings to suit a given scene, without the need to make fine adjustments in settings. Now, photographing landscapes with clarity and vivid colors, making portraits with beautiful skin tones, or creating evenly balanced images in back-lit conditions is possible, regardless of skill level.
(3) Dependable AF and high-speed burst mode performance for those important moments
- The combination of X-S10’s high-speed AF and AF-tracking performance with the X-TransTM CMOS 4 sensor’s 2.16 million phase detection pixels and X-Processor 4’s computing power provides quick and accurate autofocus results,achieving focus in as fast as 0.02 seconds in some cases, even at -7.0 EV*.
- The X-S10 is equipped with high-precision Tracking AF for moving subjects and Face / Eye AF function to track a subject’s face and eyes.
- Blackout-free high-speed burst shooting* of 8fps in the mechanical shutter and 30fps in the electronic shutter
*When the XF50mmF1.0 is mounted
*High-speed continuous shooting without blackout, in which the viewfinder goes dark during shooting, causing the user to lose sight of the subject; This is only available when using the electronic shutter.
(4) Vari-angle LCD monitor and viewfinder that supports three boost modes
- The X-S10 has a vari-angle LCD monitor that can rotate up to 180 degrees, making it useful not only for selfies but also to make stills and videos from various camera positions.
- The viewfinder’s Live View function has three Boost modes available* including Low Light Priority, Resolution Priority model, and Frame Rate Priority.
(5) Extensive video-recording functions
- The X-S10 generates 4K video from the amount of data equivalent to 6K to ensure the footage is in high resolution with low noise. It supports recording 4K/30p 4:2:0 8-bit video onto an SD camera inserted in the camera, and outputting 4K/30p 4:2:2 10-bit video via the HDMI port.
- The camera is also capable of high-speed full-HD recording at 240p, producing up to 10x slow-motion footage of a split-second motion of a fast-moving subject.
- In addition to X-S10’s IBIS, its Digital Image Stabilization (DIS) mode will powerfully compensate for any camera shake even when walking with the camera. Adding IS Mode Boost provides even more stabilization, nearly eliminating camera shake when it is used from a fixed, hand-held position.
- With a dedicated movie recording button on its top-plate, X-S10 lets users start a recording video even while they are creating still images. Exposure and focus settings are automatically recorded in AUTO mode*.
© 2020, Professional Photo Magazine and respective content owners.. All rights reserved.