The Nikon D850 can keep up with your photographic adventures from the studio to the remotest places on Earth. A 45.7-megapixel, back-illuminated, full-frame CMOS sensor and extended battery life are just the start for this new DSLR’s capabilities. The tough magnesium-alloy build and all-weather sealing allow you to take its power wherever you want to go.
Key Features: Nikon D850 Digital SLR Camera Body
- 45.37-megapixel Back Side Illuminated sensor enables true 8K time-lapse
- Tilting 8″ 2360k-dot LCD Screen
- Expeed 5 processor
- ISO range of 32-102,400 equivalent
- LCD Touch Function
- All-weather sealing
- 4K UHD Time-Lapse Movie
- 8K Interval Timer
- 200k shutter reliability
- The same 153-point automatic focus system as the Nikon D5
- 9 frames per second shooting (with grip)
- Approx. 1840still images from a single battery charge
- Slow Motion Full HD Video
- Electronic Vibration Reduction (video)
- Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connectivity
- Focus Peaking
- XQD Card Compatibility for reliable video and data management
- RAW Batch Processing
- Wireless Radio Frequency Compatibility
- Silent Photography Mode
- Focus Shift Photography
- Button Illumination
Additional feature details:
Classic and social media-friendly format — New 1:1 image area option
The D850 introduces a new image area option with a 1:1 aspect ratio. While reminiscent of 6 × 6 medium format, it’s also ideal for social media, where square images have become increasingly popular.
Totally silent shooting
Full resolution silent photography without any sound or vibration, with 2 modes:
- SL1 – Approx. 6 FPS with focus fixed – Full FX RAW
- SL2 – Approx. up to 30 FPS with focus fixed – DX crop, 8MP images, JPEG normal
Can be used for time lapse to preserve mechanical shutter life and be unobtrusive.
Dual Card Slots
Accommodates 1 x XQD and 1 x SD UHS-II
Focus shift shooting
The camera automatically takes images while moving focus position from the starting point to infinity
- Maximum number of shots: 300
- Focus step width can be selected from 10 levels
- Release interval can be set between 0 and 30 seconds
- Continuous shooting at 5 fps for 45-megapixel images is possible
The NIKKOR advantage
Use the D850 with Nikon’s fast f/1.4 and f/1.8 prime lenses to give you exceptional aesthetic control in any light. Expect extraordinary resolving power, even when shooting wide open.
Full Frame 4K UHD 30p Video
The D850 records high resolution video using the full sensor width so it is able to take full advantage of wide-angle full-frame NIKKORs to produce a more cinematic look.
Live View Auto AF Fine Tune
You can make subtle adjustments to the focus point easily, eliminating focus variations between camera and lens.
- Image sensor: FX, CMOS, 35.9 mm x 23.9 mm
- Effective pixels: 45.7 million
- Storage media: XQD, SD, SDHC (UHS-II compliant), SDXC (UHS-II compliant)
- Frame advance rate: Up to 9 fps with an EN-EL18b battery inserted in an MB-D18 battery pack (requires BL-5 adapter)
- ISO sensitivity: ISO 64 to 25600 in steps of 1/3, 1/2, or 1 EV. Can also be set to approx. 0.3, 0.5, 0.7, or 1 EV (ISO 32 equivalent) below ISO 64 or to approx. 0.3, 0.5, 0.7, 1, or 2 EV (ISO 102400 equivalent) above ISO 25600; auto ISO sensitivity control available
- Movie – frame size (pixels) and frame rate: 3840 x 2160 (4K UHD); 30p (progressive), 25p, 24p 1920 x 1080: 60p, 50p, 30p, 25p, 24p 1280 x 720: 60p, 50p 1920 x 1080 (slow-mo): 30p x4, 25p x4, 24p x5
- Monitor: 8-cm (3.2–in.) diagonal tilting TFT touch-sensitive LCD with 170° viewing angle, approximately 100% frame coverage, and manual monitor brightness control. Resolution: approx. 2359k-dot (XGA)
- Battery: 1 x EN-EL15a rechargeable Li-ion battery. Up to 1840 still images or 70 minutes of filming. Based on CIPA standards.
- Dimensions (W x H x D): Approx. 146 x 124 x 78.5 mm (5.8 x 4.9 x 3.1 in.)
- Weight: Approx. 1005 g (2 lb. 3.5 oz.) with battery and XQD memory card but without body cap; approx. 915 g/2 lb. 0.3 oz. (camera body only)
© 2019, Professional Photo Magazine and Respective content owners.. All rights reserved.