SIGMA has released its first ultra-telephoto zoom lens for full-frame mirrorless cameras, the SIGMA 100-400mm F5-6.3 DG DN OS | Contemporary. This ultra-sharp, ‘handy tele master’ empowers your photographic vision anytime, anywhere. It is the long-awaited, ultra-telephoto zoom lens designed exclusively for full-frame mirrorless cameras with optical performance and functionality that deliver professional-quality results. All packed into a lightweight and compact body, this versatile, ultra-telephoto zoom is the perfect lens for both dedicated field photography and casual outings. The lens will be available from 10th July 2020 at a Suggested Retail Price of £899.99
• SIGMA’s 5th DG DN lens, designed exclusively for L-Mount and E-Mount full-frame mirrorless cameras
• Uncompromising image quality
• Lightweight and compact lens body, weighing in at 1,135g (L-Mount) or 1,140g (E-mount)
• A dual-action zoom system with straight zoom and ring zoom
• Two-mode Optical Stabilizer offering a four-stop advantage
• Focus limiter switch and customisable AFL button
• Ability to change manual focus ring travel to suit shooting style (USB dock required, L-Mount only)
• Short focusing distance of 112cm at 100mm or 160cm at 400mm for close-up photography
• Tripod socket attachment for better balance (socket sold separately – TS-111)
Supplied accessories: Hood LH770-05, PROTECTIVE COVER PT-31
* The appearance and specifications of the product are subject to change.
* L-Mount is a registered trademark of Leica Camera AG.
* This product is developed, manufactured and sold based on specifications of E-mount which was disclosed by Sony Corporation under a license agreement.
State-of-the-art optical technology ensures very high-resolution results right to the edges of the frame, as well as high-contrast images throughout the entire focal range. A rounded diaphragm gives circular out-of-focus highlights, and Super Multi-Layer and Nano Porous coatings reduce flare and ghosting. The image quality rivals that of standard zoom lenses such as the SIGMA 24-70mm F2.8 DG DN | Art, ensuring a perfect match when used alongside these optics.
The bokeh effects and compressed perspective achieved when shooting at these longer focal lengths will open up a range of new shooting possibilities, allowing a fresh approach to everyday scenes. The lens is perfect for wildlife, action and portraits, and thanks to its short minimum focusing distance, which gives a magnification ratio of 1:4.1, it’s also ideal for capturing close-up subjects in stunning detail.
The lens brings to the table a range of advanced features including dual-action zoom, a customisable AFL button, focus throw angle adjustment (with USB Dock), a two-mode Optical Stabilizer, a tripod socket attachment and a focus limiter switch. The L-Mount version can also be used with two newly-developed teleconverters (1.4x and 2x), with full AF, for even longer focal lengths.
Whether you are considering investing in your first long lens, or are already a seasoned telephoto photographer, the SIGMA 100-400mm F5-6.3 DG DN OS | Contemporary is a robust, portable, ultra-telephoto zoom that offers superb image quality and excellent value for money.
#SIGMA100400mmContemporary #sigmadgdn #SIGMAContemporary #sigma #SIGMAtelephotozoom
© 2020, Professional Photo Magazine and Respective content owners.. All rights reserved.