The long-awaited upgrade to Canon’s flagship 1D X, the EOS 1D X Mk II is the ultimate digital SLR for professionals. Designed for those who demand the very best results in all situations, the 1D X Mk II delivers images with incredible levels of detail and sharpness, along with smooth, high-performance focus tracking when recording in 4K and lightning-fast AF acquisition when shooting stills at up to 16fps. All of this is made possible by the camera’s dual DIGIC 6 processors, full-frame 20.2-megapixel CMOS sensor with Dual Pixel CMOS AF, extended ISO range of up to 409,600 and dual card slots (CF and CFast). The 1D X Mk II also has a 3.2″, 1,620K-dot LCD touchscreen, Full HD 1080p movie recording, a weather-resistant magnesium-alloy body, built-in GPS and a 4K “frame grab” mode that allows 8.8MP stills to be taken from 4K video.
Key Features: Canon EOS 1D X Mark II DSLR
- 20.2-megapixel CMOS sensor
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF technology
- 61-point AF system with 41 cross-type AF points
- Al Servo AF III+ for AF precision & tracking
- Dual DIGIC 6+ processors
- 16fps continuous shooting in Live View (14fps with AF and AE tracking)
- 4K video recording internally – 60p, 30p, 25p, 24p, 23.98p (29 mins 59 secs)
- Frame grab 8.8-megapixel stills from a 4K scene
- ISO 100-51,200 (exp. 50-409,600)
- Full HD 1080p – 120p, 60p, 50p, 25p, 24p, 23.98p
- 3.2″, 1,620K-dot LCD touchscreen
- Dual card slots – 1x CF and 1x CFast
- Magnesium-alloy, water and dust resistant body
- Wi-Fi connectivity via optional WFT-E6 or WFT-E8A Transmitter
- Built-in GPS
- Capture subjects with exceptional image quality
- Deliver sharp images with incredible AF precision
- Ultra high-speed and reliable performance for capturing every moment
- Advanced 4K movie shooting brings your stories to life
- High-speed image output and management
- Specialist tool for professional wildlife, sports and photo journalists
Capture the action that other cameras miss!
Seize the moment in all situations with the 20MP 1DX II. With lightning fast and precise focusing, image quality with high latitude, incredible levels of detail and sharpness even in low light and 4K movies all from a CMOS sensor designed and made by Canon, the 1D X Mark II enhances the professional photographer’s creative workflow like never before.
Resolution, sensitivity and latitude
At the heart of EOS 1D X Mark II is a Canon developed CMOS sensor that marks the next generation of professional image quality in the EOS line-up. With enhanced light collecting performance and the ability to convert this light into digital signal, this sensor delivers a high-sensitivity performance reducing noise in both high and low ISO speeds, along with high latitude to pull details in dark areas.
Photography so sharp it’s dangerous
An expanded focus area with 61 individually selectable AF points, including 41 cross-type and 5 dual cross-type AF points, ensures enhanced flexibility in framing your subjects. Even at f/8, all 61 points are at your disposal including 21 cross type sensors1. Combined with the advance AI Servo AF III+ and improved EOS Intelligent Tracking and Recognition system, the EOS-1D X Mark II delivers exceptionally sharp and precise autofocus. *1The number of focusing points, cross-type focusing points, and dual cross-type AF points vary depending on the lens used.
Be an Action Hero with high speed performance.
Breaking the boundaries of high-speed shooting, the EOS-1D X Mark II can shoot up to 14 fps with full AF / AE tracking or up to 16 fps in Live View, thanks to the speed of DIGIC 6+ processors and the new mirror drive system. With the CFast 2.0 media, the camera can deliver a continuous burst of up to 170 uncompressed 14-bit RAW images.
Immerse your audience with edge-of-your-seat definition.
The power of 4K resolution brings your stories to life. Shoot internally on CFast 2.0 (recommended) media in 4K (4096 x 2160) up to 60p or Full HD up to 120p for slow motion creativity. Focus easily and accurately with touch panel LCD and Dual Pixel CMOS AF, which provides amazing AF tracking in movies and Live View mode and works with all Canon EF lenses.
© 2019 – 2020, Professional Photo Magazine and Respective content owners.. All rights reserved.