Image: Derryn Vranch 2019
To celebrate a hugely successful first year as Bristol’s newest cultural attraction, The Royal Photographic Society has opened its gallery space for free for future exhibitions, with immediate effect.
- The Royal Photographic Society has removed entry fees to all of its exhibitions and revised its opening times with immediate effect.
- The revised opening times are Thursday – Sunday, 10am – 5pm
- The current exhibition, Sugar Paper Theories by Jack Latham has been extended to the 26th of January, entry is now free
- The Royal Photographic Society opened its new Bristol centre in February 2019
- The RPS provides a heightened public presence and space for photography, including an exhibition space, auditorium, education and resource centre
The Royal Photographic Society opened its doors in February 2019, since then we have welcomed 1000s of photography enthusiasts and members of the public wanting see inspiring and thoughtful photography in Bristol’s newest cultural attraction, based in the Paintworks creative quarter close to the city centre.
Each exhibition is accompanied by a dynamic learning programme of lectures, talks, film screenings and workshops. The building also supports the RPS’s wider education programme which includes practical workshops, courses and new educational offerings. The RPS programme of distinctions assessments which recognise individuals’ skills across the medium continue in the enhanced space.
The removal of entry fees will further the RPS mission statement to educate members of the public and inspire a passion for the art of photography.
Mike Taylor, Chief Operating Officer said:
“We’re really pleased to be able to improve access to beautiful and inspirational photography, by removing the exhibition entry fee to our gallery home in Bristol. We are striving to share aspirational photography that provides insight, inspiring storytelling, and which tackles the issues of our time. After a fantastic first year in Bristol we look forward to welcoming new audiences through our doors to explore the wonderful world of photography”
The current exhibition, Sugar Paper Theories by Jack Latham has been extended to the 26th of January. Link: https://rps.org/events/bristol/2019/november/sugar-paper-theories/
- Opening times are Thursday – Sunday, 10am – 5pm
For further information, images and interviews please contact Carly Heath on firstname.lastname@example.org T: 07936 362364
© 2020, Professional Photo Magazine and Respective content owners.. All rights reserved.